- If you have a phone like an iPhone or an Android, there is usually an app to record your voice – often called “Voice Memo” or some thing similar. I use a free Android App called ASR which can be installed for free from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.asr If you have better recording equipment, then even better, but I have found that most smartphones are good enough nowadays. You can configure it to record at quite a good quality: I would suggest 192k in MP3 or MP4 format if that means anything to you. If not, just record it as it comes and I will do spooky mysterious things with it with electronics.
- iPhones will record in the very nice .M4a format. This is fine, but please try and set it to the highest quality you can.
- Read (nicely and in the highest possible quality) any (or preferably all) of the Psalms in their entirety as listed below. It would be great if you did each one separately just to make it easier for me to edit. It will also make the emailing easier. Click here to jump to the optimum settings in ASR…
- After recording select “Share” (or similar) and email it to me at email@example.com or you can send it via WhatsApp (or even record it directly as an audio message on WhatsApp) to +447976802123
- It would be really helpful if you named the file with your name and the psalm it is. This will help me collate them.
- I will cut it up with all the others and make these into Psalm readings using the multiplicity of voices, accents, genders etc.
- Can you tell others and ask them to do it for me please so I get lots and lots of voices.
If anyone can help out with some similarly simple instructions for iPhone, then can they forward them to me and I’ll add them.
Click on the little cog to choose the settings
Under “Recordings”, make the following selections for recording format, sample rate and bitrate